Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Peanut Butter & Banana Beverage

I wasn't too sure if this could be classified as a smoothie because it's got some crunchy nuts in it, so I'm calling it a "beverage" for lack of a better name.

1 banana
1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter*
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
1 packet stevia
1 tbsp chopped walnuts

Blend first 4 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Pour into drinking glass and garnish with walnuts.

*be sure to use a natural peanut butter, not the kind that has hydrogenated oils and sugar added.

This is a versitile recipe - you can use another kind of nut butter like almond or hazelnut, and use cashews or pecans instead of the walnuts. I wanted to add another tbsp of peanut butter, but I'm trying to get back to my pre-baby body so I'm foregoing such luxuries. Also, if you have vanilla soy milk or one that is already sweetened you can omit the stevia.

No comments: