Friday, May 2, 2008

Cheezy Dill Pasta

I was inspired by the sauce on Vegan Dad's recently posted Irish Pizza thinking that it would be really tasty as a pasta sauce. Plus, I wanted to incorporate some of this fresh dill that I just bought which smells delicious. I think I've made enough substutions that I can post the recipe but I don't want to take all the credit.


2 cups uncooked pasta
3 tbsp earth balance
1.5 tbsp unbleached flour
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
3 sprigs fresh dill
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
3/4 cup peas
salt & pepper to taste

Cook pasta according to package directions, add peas during last 2 minutes. Drain and rinse pasta & peas.

In a small saucepan melt Earth Balance over medium heat. Add flour and stir for 1 minute. Stir in soy milk, add dill (I like to snip it with scissors over the pot), then add nutritional yeast, and finally season with salt and pepper. Bring to low boil, stiring constantly.

Pour the sauce into the pasta and stir gently. (I used organic brown rice elbow noodles here.)

No comments: