Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Green Experiment

I haven't made a smoothie for a while and lately I've been craving greens, so it seemed sensible to combine the two in a harmonious blended beverage.  Unfortunately my creation lacked a very important element - deliciousness.

Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, banana and kale do not make tastebuds dance.  At least not mine.  I attempted to save my green potion by adding blue agave nectar, but this stubborn smoothie was just not meant to be saved.



At this point, it was way past snack time so I set my sights on a lunch that could not be screwed up. A pita stacked with fresh veggies and a generous dollop of nayonaise & dill.


2 comments:

Carissa said...

Hmm....with the green smoothie you could try kale, banana, almond milk, cinnamon and ginger and dates? I like that combo!

Janet said...

that sounds tasty, thanks for the suggestion!