Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Afghan Horseman

I went for dinner last night with a friend to a Vancouver restaurant called The Afghan Horseman.  They have tables and chairs like every other restaurant, but there is also a dimly-lit room (where we sat) in which the table is very close to the floor, and you sit cross-legged on cushions.  It was so comfortable and relaxing.

 There are lots of vegetarian items on the menu - in fact they will prepare just about anything on the menu as a vegetarian dish if it isn't already one.  I ordered "The Vegan Plate"  which had a cucmber salad, potato fritters, rice with carrots, almonds & raisins, lentil dahl, and cauliflower.  Everything was delicious!

3 comments:

Mama Bee Simple said...

I really like your posts! They are really useful! Im trying to turn vegan - Ive been veggie all my life and thinking vegan is a challange I could try for a new lifestyle :)
Keep blogging!

Hope to hear from you,
Take care! Monika xo

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

Ooo another geat vegan blog! May I add you to my blogroll?

Janet said...

Monika'& Chocolate Covered Vegan, I'm so glad you like my little piece of cyberspace :)

Feel free to add me to your blogroll, and I'll return the favour.