Friday, June 27, 2008

Vegan Potato Salad

Hooray for Summer! This has always been my favorite time of year. Besides the warm breezes that lazily drift through the afternoons, there is so much fresh, ripe produce available in any color of the rainbow.

One of my favorite summer meals is one that includes potato salad. I picked up some beautiful blue russian potatoes (which are actually more purple than blue) at the local market, and used them to make this potato salad delightfully more colorful. There's also red new potatoes, gala apples, scallions, radish, pumpkin seeds, fresh dill, nayonnaise, and a dash of salt & pepper. I first had this particular potato salad (or one very similar) at a friends house several years ago and it has remained one of my favorites ever since.

Also in the theme of summer, I've been taking Naimah to the park quite a bit lately, and thought maybe it was time to give the swings a try. Here she is on her very first swing!

2 comments:

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

thanks for adding me. i just added you too! want some of that potato salad and cutest photo of baby ever

Janet said...

Hee, I think she's uber-cute too, but I'm totally biased...