Monday, April 28, 2008

"Chicken" Noodle Soup

Today is one of those blah days with dreary weather and I just want to curl up like a cat and spend the day indoors. Days like this make me crave comfort food, but sometimes I don't have time to devote to making a really hearty meal because I'm busy with the baby. This soup practically makes itself. It's so quick and easy I don't know why I don't make it more often.
1/2 pkg yves chicken
1 litre no-chicken/vegetable broth
1/2 cup uncooked pasta noodles*
1/4 cup carrot, sliced thin
1/4 cup peas
1/4 cup corn

Cut the chicken tenders into small pieces. Pour broth into a large saucepan and add remaining ingredients. Boil for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Then simmer on low heat for 1o-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!

*I used alphabet pasta today, but I often use broken-up spaghetti noodles.

No comments: