Sunday, February 7, 2010

Vegan Cupcakes take over a 2 year old's b-day party!


People always make comments about how it works when my vegan daughter goes to a birthday party, and how she's gonna miss out on this and that when she's in school...I don't really think that saving the lives of animals can be looked at like missing out on anything.  I usually let the person know that gordita gets her own treats at birthday parties and she's perfectly happy with it.

I usually bake a vegan cupcake for her to take to the party, and a lunch too, depending on what's being served.  Asking the host/esswhat will be on the menu in advance is always the best way to plan ahead.  In fact, at one party I took gordita too, one of the other kids wanted to eat the lunch I had made gordita instead of the pizza that was ordered.

To celebrate my little one's 2nd birthday last week, I made the Golden Vanilla cupcakes and the Basic Chocolate cupcakes from VCTOTW and they were all gobbled up by children and adults. And why not?  They are so delicious.  I liked the chocolate ones better, but then again, I like anything chocolate - I'm a chocoholic.

I also had made a batch for gordita's daycare group and the children and staff there loved them too.  If you don't already have this cookbook, you should run out and buy it.  Or stay where you are and order it from Amazon.

Cheers to Vegan Cupcakes, they really do rule the world!!

No comments: