Saturday, February 7, 2009

Celebrating Gordita's first birthday!

We recently celebrated Gordita's first birthday by throwing a little birthday bash.  I made a vegan luncheon for our family and close friends and Gordita had a great time being the focus of so much attention. 
I baked two cakes: a vanilla-banana cake of my own creation, with white vanilla frosting, and a chocolate cake from La Dolce Vegan called Wolffie's Cocoa Cake with Chocolate Fudgey Frosting - both cakes were very well received. 


I wanted to make a few dishes with a Caribbean twist, in honour of Gordita's Caribbean heritage, so I made maki (sushi) with avocado and fried plantain banana, a tropical fruit platter, and mango berry iced tea.  We also had latin music and reggae playing in the background.
Other treats included mock tuna maki, mock tuna roll-ups (I'm so in love with Happy Herbivore's recipe!), tofu stix with peanut sauce, almond  butter & strawberry jam rollups, Ian's Alpha tots, spring rolls, and a big platter of fresh organic veggies.
 Feliz cumpleaño Gordita!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joyeux Anniversaire à ta petite fée! This is such a great age, and such a milestone for you both!