Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Can a girl get a f-ing pumpkin on Halloween? Nope!

Here is a photo of my Halloween pumpkin. What's that? You can't see it? Well I guess that's because I don't have one. I got gyped. There is not a pumpkin to be found anywhere. Not even a little gourd.


It feels like the stores are full of Christmas cheer already, and Halloween has been somehow cast aside before it even happened. If I didn't know it was October 31st today, I might have thought it was December 25th. There were pine trees with gold ribbons and glittering red balls. Wrapping paper, and greeting cards that say "Happy Holiday". But no pumpkins. Not even a fake cardboard pumpkin. Nothing...

I thought about buying some pumpkins a few days ago but I didn't want to get them too early and have them rot before thier big day. Why is everyone in such a hurry to do things before they need to be done? Can't we just live in the now? Everyone is trying to get ahead, like they are living in a future that hasn't even happened yet. This is what I escaped from when I lived in the Dominican Republic and I guess I wasn't expecting it to happen so soon here, or with such force.

I guess I'll head over to Starbucks and have a pumpkin spice latte with soy milk and try to capture the Halloween spirit somehow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MG, I soo agree. Get ready - tomorrow the Xmas commercials will begin. I have started to HATE Xmas, because it isn't fun anymore. I feel too much pressure. Arg, feel your pain.